Please share your experiences working with these journals! Feel free to add other journals to the list. Try to stick with this format: each journal should be separated by dashes, and responses under each journal should each have their own bullet.
Back to Literary Studies Journals
- Clean process, acceptance after one year.
- Moved quickly with helpful editorial suggestions.
- Having quite the opposite response--submitted nine months ago with no word so far. Contact with the (admittedly very kind) editor returned a reply that the journal is very far behind. Still a great journal, but do NOT expect a quick reply as of now (7/2/13)
Foundation: The International Review of Science Fiction
Science Fiction Studies
- Had a great experience with them. Went through two rounds of peer review but both sets of reports were extensive and really strengthened the essay. Moreover, response on peer review was very fast. Be aware, however, that they are a bit backed up, at the moment. Peer review process was very quick but had to wait for over a year (from 8/13 to publication in 11/14) for space in an issue. Still, overall, this is a really well-run journal.
- Amazing editors! They really work with you to create great pieces. Peer review was engaged and created a better article for me. Also very fast compared to other journals I've worked with. Just over one year from initial submission to publication. Excellent and professional journal that is invested in creating scholarly dialog. (10/2020)
Science Fiction Film and Television
- Great experience, very helpful editorial staff. Requires British spelling and punctuation.
Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts
- Editorial staff kept me informed at every stage and helped my article through to acceptance.
- Usually moves quickly and helpful editorial staff.