Back to Literary Studies Journals
Italian Literature and Italian Studies JournalsEdit
- Very professional and fast for an Italy-based journal. Reply accepting the article within a month or so with recommended minor corrections although no real readers' reports to speak of. Publication a little over a year later.
California Italian StudiesEdit
Italian Poetry ReviewEdit
- Professional but only up to a point. I was promised an answer within 10-12 weeks, but one of the reviewers obviously didn't finish the job. After about 9 months and three followups, I finally got a reply from one of the editors accepting the article based on 1 1/2 reports and editor's own opinion. The comments, however, were very full and engaged closely and sympathetically with the article.
- More than 6 months of waiting before hearing that the article hasn't actually been sent out to any reviewers yet.
- Waited over a year and a half for a decision. Could not get the editor to answer repeated queries on the status of the paper. Phoned the Reading department several times and was promised a response by a secretary (the editor wasn't answering her phone and her voice mail was full). Contacted the relevant Editorial Director at Taylor Francis and was told that the editor would phone me since there seemed to be some problem with the email. Nothing. Finally wrote Taylor Francis and withdrew the paper.
Modern Language Notes (Italian issue)Edit
- See also Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies and Theory Journals for general MLN comments.